CompTia Security+ (1 Cert) – 5 Days
Training Schedule and Pricing
Our training model blends knowledge and certification prep into one solution. Interact face-to-face with vendor certified trainers AT OUR TRAINING CENTER IN SARASOTA, FL - OR - attend the same instructor-led live camp ONLINE.
Jun052023Delivery Format:REMOTE CLASSROOM LIVEDate:06.05.2023 - 06.09.2023Location:ONLINEPrice Includes:Instructor Led Class, Official Courseware, Labs and Exams$2,9955 days
Jun192023Delivery Format:REMOTE CLASSROOM LIVEDate:06.19.2023 - 06.23.2023Location:ONLINEPrice Includes:Instructor Led Class, Official Courseware, Labs and Exams$2,9955 days
Jul172023Delivery Format:REMOTE CLASSROOM LIVEDate:07.17.2023 - 07.21.2023Location:ONLINEPrice Includes:Instructor Led Class, Official Courseware, Labs and Exams$2,9955 days
- View Entire Schedule
This course is available in the following formats:
- 1 CompTia Test Vouchers
- CompTia Training Books
- 1 Retake Vouchers (if needed)
- CompTia Study Labs & Simulations
- Instructor Led Classroom Training
The CompTia Security+ Bootcamp is 5 days of an intense deep dive into securing a network and understanding the vulnerabilities. While attending this training program - you take the SY0-601 exam to test and certify for the CompTia Security+ official certification. If your goal is to learn about security tools, attacks, hacks and pass the certification exam - you've found the right place. This course is a hybrid of actual hands on learning combined with focused training materials mapped to exam objectives. You will not find a more comprehensive program anywhere.
CompTia's Security+ Program currently required 1 exam to achieve certification. We offer the most comprehensive classroom training and certification testing. You attend training and test for your certification at the same facility. Our CompTia Instructors have a minimum 15 years experience teaching and consulting the objectives of this certification.
The Security + boot camp incorporates Comptia Official Course -
Security + SY0-601
Topics covered in this boot camp:
Scan and assess networks for vulnerabilities
Monitor network traffic for unusual activity
Investigate a network breach
Compare and contrast attacks
Compare and contrast security controls
Use security assessment tools
Explain basic cryptography concepts
Implement a public key infrastructure
Implement identity and access management controls
Manage access services and accounts
Implement a secure network architecture
Install and configure security appliances
Install and configure wireless and physical access security
Deploy secure host, mobile, and embedded systems
Implement secure network access protocols
Implement secure network applications
Explain risk management and disaster recovery concepts
Describe secure application development concepts
Explain organizational security concepts
Topics Covered in this Official Boot Camp
Comparing Security Roles and Security Controls
- Compare and Contrast Information Security Roles
- Compare and Contrast Security Control and Framework Types
Explaining Threat Actors and Threat Intelligence
- Explain Threat Actor Types and Attack Vectors
- Explain Threat Intelligence Sources
Performing Security Assessments
- Assess Organizational Security with Network Reconnaissance Tools
- Explain Security Concerns with General Vulnerability Types
- Summarize Vulnerability Scanning Techniques
- Explain Penetration Testing Concepts
Identifying Social Engineering and Malware
- Compare and Contrast Social Engineering Techniques
- Analyze Indicators of Malware-Based Attacks
Summarizing Basic Cryptographic Concepts
- Compare and Contrast Cryptographic Ciphers
- Summarize Cryptographic Modes of Operation
- Summarize Cryptographic Use Cases and Weaknesses
- Summarize Other Cryptographic Technologies
Implementing Public Key Infrastructure
- Implement Certificates and Certificate Authorities
- Implement PKI Management
Implementing Authentication Controls
- Summarize Authentication Design Concepts
- Implement Knowledge-Based Authentication
- Implement Authentication Technologies
- Summarize Biometrics Authentication Concepts
Implementing Identity and Account Management Controls
- Implement Identity and Account Types
- Implement Account Policies
- Implement Authorization Solutions
- Explain the Importance of Personnel Policies
Implementing Secure Network Designs
- Implement Secure Network Designs
- Implement Secure Switching and Routing
- Implement Secure Wireless Infrastructure
- Implement Load Balancers
Implementing Network Security Appliances
- Implement Firewalls and Proxy Servers
- Implement Network Security Monitoring
- Summarize the Use of SIEM
Implementing Secure Network Protocols
- Implement Secure Network Operations Protocols
- Implement Secure Application Protocols
- Implement Secure Remote Access Protocols
Implementing Host Security Solutions
- Implement Secure Firmware
- Implement Endpoint Security
- Explain Embedded System Security Implications
Implementing Secure Mobile Solutions
- Implement Mobile Device Management
- Implement Secure Mobile Device Connections
Summarizing Secure Application Concepts
- Analyze Indicators of Application Attacks
- Analyze Indicators of Web Application Attacks
- Summarize Secure Coding Practices
- Implement Secure Script Environments
- Summarize Deployment and Automation Concepts
Implementing Secure Cloud Solutions
- Summarize Secure Cloud and Virtualization Services
- Apply Cloud Security Solutions
- Summarize Infrastructure as Code Concepts
Explaining Data Privacy and Protection Concepts
- Explain Privacy and Data Sensitivity Concepts
- Explain Privacy and Data Protection Controls
Performing Incident Response
- Summarize Incident Response Procedures
- Utilize Appropriate Data Sources for Incident Response
- Apply Mitigation Controls
Explaining Digital Forensics
- Explain Key Aspects of Digital Forensics Documentation
- Explain Key Aspects of Digital Forensics Evidence Acquisition
Summarizing Risk Management Concepts
- Explain Risk Management Processes and Concepts
- Explain Business Impact Analysis Concepts
Implementing Cybersecurity Resilience
- Implement Redundancy Strategies
- Implement Backup Strategies
- Implement Cybersecurity Resiliency Strategies
Explaining Physical Security
- Explain the Importance of Physical Site Security Controls
- Explain the Importance of Physical Host Security Controls
We are often asked... "How can you achieve certification with just a few days of training?" Certification Bootcamps is an accelerated learning environment. We take the CompTia Training Materials - remove the unnecessary content and focus on the topics specific to certification. Our instructors use hands on demonstrations to bring test objectives to life. Students are completely immersed in the technology.
During our instructor led class hours - students are taught with lectures, demonstrations, labs and videos. At the completion of the instructor led class time - students focus on study questions covering the topics of the day and looking over material to be covered the next day.
Bootcamp requires commitment to achieve success. Students work an average of 10 to 12 hours a day between class time and self-study exercises. Bootcamps may sound intimidating and students come with various levels of skill sets - however, they all find success if they commit to our program.
Our instructors explain technical concepts in a way students can see and relate to. No two students are alike - and our class is dynamic to cater to the needs of the students.
We use CompTIA Courseware covering information specific to the exams. Additionally, our instructors are all certified as Certified CompTIA Trainers. Several of our instructors also hold the premier CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer certification awarded only to CTT+ who demonstrate real world consulting services to clients.
Prior to offering a bootcamp on our schedule - hundreds of hours are dedicated to
-- Constructing the content and layout of the course
-- Prepping the lecture materials
-- Developing, evaluating and testing labs
-- Researching additional resources to value add to the course
-- Studying and passing the corresponding CompTIA exams
We do this to provide our students with the very best training solution possible.
CERTIFICATION CAMPS FACILITIES
CAMPUS - Certification Camps built out a stand alone training center (not a hotel conference room) with spacious classrooms, new desk, Herman Miller Aeron chairs & comfortable common areas. Each student has a dedicated desk with two monitors. Each classroom has a maximum of two rows - so everyone is able to be engaged without the "back row" feeling.
CLASSROOM EQUIPMENT - Students work on a dedicated Dell Client Desktop with 32GB memory with 512GB SSD drives - All Labs are executed the extremely fast Microsoft Data Center Hosted Lab Environment .
CAMPUS INTERNET - The campus is connected with a 1Gbps (1,000 Mbps) Verizon Fios Business Connection which provides complete internet (including VPN) access for students.
COMMON AREA - Amenties including snacks, drinks (Coffee, 100% juices, sodas, etc) all complimentary.
LODGING - We use the Hyatt Place Lakewood Ranch. This "upgraded" hotel offers extremely comfortable beds, great breakfast and very fast internet access.
NEAR BY - Many shops, restaurants and grocery options are available within walking distance. Additionally - the hotel provided scheduled shuttle services. Restaurants like Cheesecake Factory, California Pizza Kitchen, Panera Bread, Bone Fish Grill, Ruby Tuesday's, Five Guys, Chipotle, Chili's and over 20 additional choices in the immediate area.
CERTIFICATION CAMPS DIFFERENCE
Certification Camps provides an in-depth hands on learning environment. Our instructors teach using demonstrations and explain concepts beyond the scope of the courseware. The best instructors are contracted from all across the US. These professionals are real world consultants who actually implement these technologies. Certification Camps knows our clients work in the "real world" and it only makes sense to have an instructor with the experience in the real world.
Facilities - Many of our competitors over-crowd classrooms by placing 2 to 3 students per desk and 20+ students per instructor. Often these companies "extend" the life of very old equipment with slow performance on the software used today. Our average class size is 8 students. Our facilities have the best equipment with the most comfortable, focused environment for learning.
Instructors - Our CEO, Chester Flake holds one of the rarest Microsoft Certifications - the Microsoft Certified Learning Consultant (MCLC) Certification. This certification reflects a commitment to make sure our instructors are also actively engaged in real world consulting projects. Students expect a professional who can answer questions and demonstrate the technology.
Face to Face Training - We believe the best way to interact and learn is face to face training. Many of our competitors which offer local training are simply providing students with headphones/mic to attend class with an instructor at a remote location.
Test Pass - We offer a free retake voucher (if needed) for each of the exams required for certification. Any training center offering a "100% pass guarantee" would have to use unethical practices or unlimited test vouchers (which is not likely or practical).
Distractions - Students often look for a "local" training center so they can be close to home and work. Boot camp requires a tremendous time commitment during the program. Long class hours combined with self study each evening. The goal of boot camp is to achieve certification in a fraction of the time. We strongly recommend students attend camp away from home and work in a focused, distraction free environment.
Boot Camp - Boot camp is an accelerated training focused on teaching technology and testing students on the official exams. Most training providers "added" boot camps to the existing standard training classes they offer. These training centers think a boot camp is just a regular class where you send the student home with a voucher on the last day. Certification Camps administers exams throughout the camp. Equally important - not every trainer can teach a boot camp and not all courseware is designed for boot camp format. Our trainers know the boot camp format and our courseware is designed for accelerated learning.
Florida - Certification Camps has one of the most scenic locations boasting some of the best weather in US. We believe students should have a comfortable and inviting atmosphere while attending these otherwise intense programs. We place our location, facilities and amenities up against that any competitor.